Travelling from Spain to the United Kingdom

Find out here frequently asked questions and answers about traveling to / from the UK.


From January 1, 2021, passengers on flights to the United Kingdom will have to carry their passports. 


Animals must be introduced via a UK autorithed route  and have a current microchip and rabies vaccine. One of Animals must be introduced via a UK these documents will be required:

  • European passport for pets (issued in the EU or UK before January 1, 2021.
  • Pet Health Certificate (AHC) issued in the UK for travel to the EU (can be used up to 4 months after issue).

All information about the entry of pets in the United Kingdom can be found at this link.


Passengers arriving in the UK from Spain will be able to carry a certain amount of goods tax-free when passing through UK customs. The acquired goods have to be for own consumption or to give away.

You can check the maximum amounts of alcohol and tobacco that you can transport without paying taxes at the following link:

The United Kingdom allows the introduction of products of animal origin (meat, milk and derived products) and plant products (seeds, plants, fruits, vegetables, flowers, etc.) that come from countries belonging to the European Union as long as they meet certain requirements. You can consult the rules for the introduction of food and plants at the following link:

VAT refund

You may request a refund of Value Added Tax (VAT) for merchandise purchased during your stay in the United Kingdom as long as the aconditions set are met.

More information

UK Government: visit Europe from 1 January 2021

UK Governmententer in the UK